Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sweet Greens Alive!

Happy New Year everyone, and here's what's new and good with me today. I am excited to announce that I have found the perfect school and study program that will enable me to live my dream as a holistic health coach. I've always been interested in healthy eating and natural remedies, not to mention the joy of cooking. Having studied at the largest nutrition school in the world, Institute for Integrative Nutrition® , I am looking forward to working with clients beginning in April. If anyone would like to know more about the program and what I'm learning as well as how I can help you reach your goals for the new year, take a look at my website at www.bonniecrutcher.com

Now for the new food I'm going to talk about today. I experimented the other day with some great organic collards I bought at Whole Foods Market. Instead of boiling them in veggie broth or adding them to beans as I normally have, I decided to cut them up quickly and saute them with a few extra ingredients. Incredible turnout! My mother and I cleaned up the pan that evening. Here is the recipe along with some photos. If you want to try it yourself, you won't be disappointed. The very strange and interesting thing was, that they actually kind of had a "bacony" taste. They were sweet from the delicious dates yet had that tad-bit collard tang of the good 'ol green along with the sweet onion flavor. Happy healthy eating!

Sweet Greens Alive
1 large bunch of collards (organic, of course)
1/2 of a large onion, sliced thinly
6-8 very ripe dates sliced into small pieces (pits out, of course)
3 tbsp. coconut oil for sauteing
Sea salt to taste
Black pepper to taste

Place 3 tbsp. of coconut oil into hot skillet or wok; add the onions and saute a few minutes until clear and beginning to brown; add the collards and saute quickly a few more minutes; then add the dates and saute for another minute to two. Toss in the pan; serve hot and enjoy.

No comments: