Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Very Veganishta Thanksgiving Turkey

Hey there, friends of the blog world. The Veganishta finally completed publishing two client books, now being printed and turning out super! Now that all the busy book work is done, I had some time to create a couple little edible masterpieces. For Thanksgiving I made a tofu turkey with stuffing, inspired by a recipe on Vegweb.com. I could not believe how easy it was to mold, stuff, bake, and even slice up the servings. I modified the recipe somewhat to my tastes and will probably do so again when I try it again. Nevertheless, it did turn out very good. In fact, I cut only one-third of the roasted mold to take to dinner at a friend's house. I had heard there would be one more vegan, so I cut enough for two people. As it turned out, seven (7) people wanted to try it, so I had to slice it up accordingly. Amazingly, they all liked it. The texture was pretty good, and with all ingredients combined, it tasted like Thanksgiving turkey with the stuffing and all the usual flavors one would expect. So now, I will be embarking on a Christmas Eve Ham experiment. I'm excited.

No comments: